Monday, March 8, 2010

ereaders

Three months into owning my NOOK and I still love it. I love how easy it is to browse the "store," download samples, all of the free books, and how I always have a library with me when I'm in a long line, waiting for my kids at one of their MANY after school activities, or when I travel.

I have saved as much as the device costs on the discount for ebooks, and that doesn't include the free books I have downloaded.

I still go to the library and I still buy "hard copies" of books for my "keeper shelf," but most of my reading so far this year has been on my Nook. I can't believe how quickly I transitioned to an ereader.

If you are considering buying an ereader, this chart
http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?F=Device_Selection_Chart
may come in handy.

Link to READ AN EBOOK WEEK.
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/ebooks/celebrate_read_an_ebook_week__154310.asp?c=rss

Do you have an ereader? If so, which one? What do you like about it? What are you reading now?

6 comments:

  1. No, I don't. Interesting concept, though. I have friends who enjoy theirs.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chère Madame,

    Thank you for coming to see my angel Penny. She is a true sweetheart, a commarade in creature capers on our team blog NOWHERE and an artist with soul. AND....I was looking at these Nooks a while back and wondered...so you like it, hey? I must follow your recommendations because it would be so much easier, wouldn't it?

    Give a hearty BONJOUR to the little men for me! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magpie, Ereaders aren't for everyone, but I think there will soon be books that are only "printed" in electronic form.

    Anita, you're welcome to borrow my Nook and try it out. One thing I love about it is being able to carry my Bible with me at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a Kindle, and I love it! I've had it for almost 3 years, and I definitely read more books now. I commute to work on train or bike, so the light-weight portability is great, and the lower cost of the books is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like your Kindle, Jenn. My S-I-L has one and loves it, too.

    Isn't it fun to have great choices for eReaders? I hope it does encourage more people to read, and for readers to read more like you have.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete