Saturday, March 20, 2010

A LIBRARY FOR MY GREAT NIECE

My niece and her husband are expecting a little girl this summer. My nephew and his wife are expecting a baby (gender unknown) in the fall. ]

Of course, my first thought for a baby present was, "What books should I buy?"

So, I have collected 9 board books that were favorites of my two children. We had so much fun paging through them together. I was not very surprised to find I could still recite all of them from memory. My kids could for many of them.


My dilemma is this: I wanted to send a dozen books for a gift, and I'm short three. I looked for THE MITTEN and CORDUROY, but couldn't find them in board books at my local store.

My questions for you:
What books do you suggest for the final three?
What were your, or your children's, favorite books when very little.
Are there some NEW books you would recommend?

Please help me out with this.

P.S. Don't forget to stop by my other blog.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet gesture, Fiona! I don't know about books for itty bitties, but I do know about books for older children. One of my closest friends is a librarian, and she says that all the little girls love the books about "Fancy Nancy."

    When I was little, I adored a Golden Book called, "Mister Dog." My boy cousin had that book, and I loved it and found a copy later when I was an adult. And Debbie (Confessions of a Plate Addict) and I both love "The Little Fur Family."

    Hope this helps, Fiona!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, Yes! How could I have forgotten Mister Dog?!
    I loved that book.

    I haven't heard of the Little Fur Family, but I start looking for it.

    Thanks so much for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete