Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday/ Succulents, Shelties and Sun Tea

We have, in Minnesota, a limited outdoor growing season. That's an understatement. We have a tiny growing season. Much of the year, I get my gardening fix with my indoor gardens.


I have at least 50 indoor plants at any time. Some of my favorites are my succulents. They remind me of sunny places.




I have them spread out in various rooms to enjoy through out the house.




However, on a day as nice as this one I did some digging in the OUTSIDE gardens--mostly weeding. The dandelions and cockleburs are always a battle, even in very early Spring.

After the gardening, I was able to enjoy the season's first SUN TEA.





The shelties supervised.


Here, is a great post form Betsy on outdoor succulents. Her photos put mine to shame.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Madame...j'adore ces plantes! Oh, dear one, how nice of you to come and hop on in the Bunny Parade...Oh, I remember as well, wearing hats. My parents would buy me a new dress, socks, shoes, handbag, gloves, hat, slip, underwear...and then a basket filled not with chocolate (I am not partial to chocolate..shhhh....) but with JELLYBEANS!!!! It was glorious. Now, I rejoice in the new life our GOD has provided for us. Thank you, Jesus....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Madame, I remember Easter being the most important day of the year.

    Sunrise service, new clothes, a huge family reunion...

    It's the day I look forward to most every year.

    So much to celebrate and be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They'll do anything, even sit still for a picture, for treats.

    ReplyDelete